ITMS 7.5 has finally arrived bringing with it both new and enhanced features.
Cloud Enabled Management
One of the most significant feature of ITMS 7.5 is cloud enabled management (CEM). With CEM administrators will be able to manage their endpoint devices securely through the Internet without the need for a VPN.
Clients connect back to the enterprise network via a gateway server located in the DMZ. Once connected client can perform a number of management related tasks including:
- Software Management
- Patch Management
- Task Management
ITMS 7.5 expands on platform support and now supports the following operating systems
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
- Mac OSX 10.8
- Mac OSX Server 10.8
- RHEL 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4
- Suse Linux Enterprise Server/Desktop 11 SP2
- AIX 7.1
SQL support is also improved with the addition of Microsoft SQL 2012.
Greater automation of patch management arrives in in ITMS 7.5. A dedicated workflow is included to allow automated staging and deployment of updates to predefined targets. The workflow provides auditing information and summaries to allow administrators to track progress of patching within their organisation.
Symantec have enhanced deployment solution with new and improved features.
- Support for Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 imaging and scripted installs
- Support for EFI/UEFI based computers
- WinPE 3.1 support
- SSL support for deployment
- Predefined computers can now be entered manually through a form
- Like the initial deployment menus for new computers, administrators can now redeploy managed computers by selecting from predefined jobs via an onscreen menu.